Terms & Conditions
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
APPLICABLE TO THE EUPATI OPEN CLASSROOM PLATFORM
Article 1 - Contact dataThe European Patients’ Academy on Therapeutic Innovation (EUPATI)
STICHTING EUPATI FOUNDATION
3584BK Utrecht (Netherlands)
Dutch Chamber of Commerce: 80089019
Article 2 - DefinitionsThe concepts, hereafter marked with a capital letter, in these terms and conditions have the following meaning:
- Course: may concern a learning module, teaching and learning materials or training offered via the EUPATI Open Classroom.
- EUPATI: European Patients’ Academy on Therapeutic Innovation
- General Terms and Conditions: the general terms and conditions articles 1 up to 10 that relate to the use of the EUPATI Open Classroom.
- Platform: EUPATI Open Classroom.
- User: each natural person who registers on the Platform, looking for a Course AND having reached the correct age thereto, meaning being at least 16 years old.
Article 3 - PlatformEUPATI offers Courses and training in medicines research and development via the Platform and finding such a Course via this Platform is easy.
With the help of the data and preferences given by the User, the appropriate Courses are offered to and can be selected by him/her.
In addition, the Platform provides a forum on which Users can post messages (e.g. questions, links to relevant third-party information or comments in discussion).
Posting of any message needs to be in line with the rules of conduct of the Platform as explained in detail in Annex 1, which constitutes an integral part of these General Terms and Conditions. By registering as User and / or using the Platform, the User acknowledges explicitly to have read and accepted these General Terms and Conditions.
These General Terms and Conditions may not contain any deletion and have priority over all others. They can always be consulted on the Platform. Each derogation on the General Terms and Conditions must be agreed upon in writing.
Article 4 - ObjectThe by EUPATI developed Platform makes the search for an ideal Course much simpler.
Each User who wishes to use the Platform, will have to submit certain personal data while registering / using the Platform, so the Platform can pursue its objective for the legitimate interest of EUPATI in the framework of the execution of its activities.
All Courses and their teaching and learning materials provided to Users via the EUPATI Platform are exclusively for educational purposes.
All Courses have been created with the usual care of an educational establishment.
Courses provided by EUPATI are free of charge for Users. However, Users requesting for a certification document upon completion of a specific Course, are charged a non-refundable administrative contribution of 8 EUR per certificate.
Article 5 - Account
The Account is an user account made available to you via an user name and password.
The Account remains the property of EUPATI. You only hold a right of access to the Platform, through an Account provided to you.
To create an Account, you must enter the following information:
- First name and Surname;
- Country and
- E-mail address
The Account and your personal details are managed solely via the Platform.
The Account name (or login) and password allow you to access the Platform. The email address allows us to communicate with you to manage and monitor your Account, and to send you information relating to the Platform.
The Account must respect the following rules as a minimum:
- Personal details must be accurate, verifiable, complete and up to date. A valid personal email address must be provided.
- You agree not to use intermediary servers (also called proxies), whether for Account registration or connecting to the Account.
- Automatic Account creation and/or Account creation using a false or fraudulent identity is strictly prohibited.
After registration of your Account, you will be able to provide further information to complete your profile and to enhance the user experience of the Platform, such as but not limited to::
- Courses or learning plans;
- Grades or certificates;
- Preferred language or setting;
- Mailing address;
- Mobile or landline telephone number.
If any of your information changes, such as your mailing address or e-mail address, you must notify EUPATI as soon as possible.
Article 6 - Intellectual property rights - Right of use
All intellectual property rights that belong to the Platform (as well as possible adjustments and / or extensions) are held by and remain with EUPATI. The Platform is property of EUPATI.
EUPATI delivers a non-exclusive right to the User to use the Platform in agreement with the General Terms and Conditions.
For the User, this right of use begins at the moment that the User registers and / or commissions the Platform.
If the User violates these General Terms and Conditions or its annexes and / or erroneously uses and / or misuses the Platform, EUPATI reserves the right to immediately deny the access or the use of the Platform by the User and / or to block him / her or to delete him / her, without a prior notice being necessary.EUPATI may, at its own discretion, introduce innovations to the Platform. EUPATI will inform the User in a timely manner of the processing of the updates and/ or upgrades insofar as these are important for the use of the Platform. This is always at the discretion of EUPATI.
Article 7 - Availability Platform
EUPATI can, without prior notice, disable access to the Platform or limit its use, insofar as this is necessary for maintenance or adjustments or improvements to the Platform or for any other reason, without this causing any right on compensation for the User towards EUPATI.
Article 8 - LiabilityEUPATI commits itself to a best-efforts obligation and does not guarantee any result with regard to effectively finding a Course.
Article 9 - Applicable law and competent courtThis agreement between the parties is governed by the Dutch law. In the event of dispute and / or non-payment, only the courts of the juridical district of Utrecht have jurisdiction.
RULES OF CONDUCT OF THE FORUMS
These forums on the Platform have been created to be a friendly environment for the EUPATI community to share their experiences, ask questions, get help, share feedback and socialize.
Therefore it is important to share with you guidelines for the overall wellness of the forums. We have first compiled a few basic point to follow, to help you on your posting journey in our forums, which are then followed by the Forums Rules of Conduct.
To promote an enjoyable and healthy atmosphere, you must understand what sort of behavior is expected from all of our Users. Therefore we ask that you familiarize yourself with our Forums Rules of Conduct.
- Always use the search function in order to make sure that a similar thread was not created previously, or that the information you are looking for wasn't already provided somewhere else.
- Make sure to stay informed about any specific posting rules which are applied to sub-forums.
- Make sure to use the right section of the forums.
- If you have lost posting privileges or have been sanctioned, do not use another account to post, as using a secondary account is subject to permanent ban from the forums.
When posting, you should always:
- Take good care of your spelling.
- Develop your answers, and do not behave as in a chat or text messaging and using too many abbreviations.
- Be respectful and polite.
- Post in English, or always provide an English translation, should you post in another language.
Forums Rules of Conduct
Offensive Language & Content
You may not use, or link to content that uses, profanity or any language that a reasonable person would find offensive, obscene or otherwise improper. You agree to behave accordingly. The following are some specific examples of offensive language and content situations:
Flaming: You may not engage in “Flaming,” which includes messages designed to personally berate or insult another.
- Attacks: You may not engage in verbal or written attacks against anyone, including other Users or EUPATI staff. If you want to report another User or EUPATI staff please do so via using the following email: firstname.lastname@example.org, but do not use the forums to do so.
- Hate Groups, Hate Speech, and Political & Religious Discussions: You may not use hate speech or use the forums to participate in or form organizations, whether or not officially organized, whose ideology is based on or resembles anti-religious, anti-ethnic, anti-sexual orientation, racist, or sexist philosophies. Further, in order to maintain a fun, positive environment, you may not create posts in the forums dedicated to real-world politics or religion.
- Illegal content & Pornographic Content: You may not post or promote any illegal or pornographic content within these forums.
- Copyright-infringing material: Do not post any material which is copyright protected.
- Petitions/Polls and Website Polls: Petitions threads are not to be confused with suggestions threads, which are allowed to be posted on their own. A thread is considered as a Petition/Poll thread when asking other Users to either agree or virtually sign a proposed Petition/Poll. You may post a Petition/Poll thread in its respective forum knowing that the thread content is subject to the current Forums Rules of Conduct, it will therefore be reviewed by an EUPATI staff member. Website Polls are a website function reserved to EUPATI staff members and are displayed on the main website page, Website Polls can be suggested or requested to an EUPATI staff member via email@example.com.
You may not in any way disrupt or interfere, or attempt to disrupt or interfere, with the forums environment of other Users or EUPATI staff. The following are some specific examples of disruption:
- Trolling: You may not engage in “Trolling,” which is deliberately posting negative comments in order to “Bait” others into responding a certain way. Please note that publicly accusing someone else of being a troll may constitute a form of trolling itself. In addition, do not re-post or take upon any action to publicly bring up a previously locked, closed, deleted or otherwise rule breaking moderated discussion.
- Rant: While we welcome feedback, we prohibit excessively negative comments, comments which are not done in a constructive, civil manner, and comments which are designed to demoralize the spirit of the Platform.
- Abuse: You may not engage in the following forms of abuse: Belittling, harassing, intentionally misleading others, etc.
- Off-topic/Multiple Topics/Cross-Posting: You may not post messages unrelated to the topic at hand, known as “de-railing.” In addition, you may not post threads directed to only a single recipient.
- Bumping/reviving/necro posting: You may not post messages in an old topic merely for the sake of re-positioning it to the top of the forum index or other feed, sometimes known as “bumping” or “reviving/necro posting,” in order to gain normally unwarranted attention.
- Spamming: You may not use (or abuse) the forums to harass other Users by engaging in spamming or “flooding.” This includes multiple posting of the same word, message, character, or other, in attempts to bring unwarranted visibility to your cause or for general annoyance of others. This may also take the form of gibberish or unrelated messaging. In addition, you may not engage in unnecessary pyramid quoting. Messages containing a quote within a quote within a quote can quickly fill pages with unnecessary redundancy as with spam. Usually one-to-two quotes are enough and any further should require trimming before being sent as final.
- Sharing Account Information & Personal Identifiable Information: For your protection, do not share your account or login information on these forums. You may not share any personnel information of other Users or EUPATI staff or discuss any moderation, private communications with EUPATI staff or account sanctions publicly on the forums, the mail address firstname.lastname@example.org shall be the communication tool for that purpose with the appropriate EUPATI staff member.
- Impersonation: You may not impersonate any person or entity or fraudulently hold yourself out as an employee, representative, or any other person or connected or affiliated with EUPATI. This also include accusation of impersonation.
- Advertising: You may not promote nor advertise any third-party services or products, whether or not for commercial purposes or gains, without explicit permission from EUPATI.
You can report a post or a thread that you may have found breaking these Forum Rules of Conduct by simply clicking the "Report" button available on each thread or reply. This feature is there to simplify the work of the moderators and should not be abused especially if the thread or post actually does complies with the rules. Reporting abuse can be punished with a warning.
Please do not reply to people who do not respect the rules of the forum so that you do not contribute to a rule breaking thread or post. Similarly, you are asked to not do pseudo-moderation. In case of rule breaking, you are asked to report the thread or post, and if necessary to contact a moderator to alert them of the issue. Trying to reason with the offender could indeed only encourage further rule breaking.
Here are some rules and guidance to help you properly report posts or threads:
- Report a thread or post by adding the link of the original duplicated thread.
- Report a multiple offence by adding the links of the same offense made by a fellow Users.
- Report a thread and ask for it to be closed.
- Report to warn us of one or more dead links in single threads.
Please do not:
- Report an EUPATI employee, please use the following email: email@example.com instead.
- Report all topics or posts made by a spammer. Indeed, it will only be necessary to say that this person is spamming by giving us a few links in the report so that we can look at all the posts or threads created by that person.
- Report a thread or post just because it contradicts you on a subject.
- Report to ask us our opinion on a subject.
- Report to alert us of a misspell that we may have done when working on the forums.
- Report in the sole purpose of wanting to get noticed by the moderation team.
- Report and notify the reported that he has been reported.
Anyone who does not respect or follow the Forums Rules of Conduct may be subject to sanctions up to permanent ban from the forums.