6. Types of Descriptive Studies
1. Types of Descriptive Studies
1.3. Cross-sectional studies
See also Descriptive Cross-sectional study
Examples for the three above mentioned types of descriptive studies based on infections with the West Nile virus:
- Case reports describe individual data, (e.g., on a form, a report in a medical journal). West Nile virus in a transfusion or transplant recipient might be reported as a case report.
- A case series for West Nile virus might be presented in a table that lists and describes all West Nile cases in the Northwest
- An incidence study could use a map to display all the new West Nile cases in the north western United States in a defined year.