Studies in Support of Special Populations
11. Examples of Other Special Populations (Specific Patient Groups)
- Asthma patients (specific types
- Patients with cardiovascular (heart) disease.
- Patients with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease
(COPD) – lung disease.
- Patients with type 2 diabetes.
- People who are ‘poor metabolisers’ – who do not
break down. substances well within the body.
- Healthy pre-menopausal women with regular
menstrual cycles, with and without oral contraceptives.
- Hyperlipidemic patients (patients with abnormally
high levels of lipids)
- Patients with high blood pressure.
- Hypogonadal men (men with an inadequate function
of the testes).
- Obese people.
- Patients with peptic ulcer disease (PUD) or
gastro-oesophageal reflux disease (GORD).
- Post-menopausal or surgically ‘sterile’ women
(i.e. women who have had their uterus removed).
- Patients with certain types of cancer.