List of active policies
|Terms and Conditions||Site policy||All users|
Terms and Conditions
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
TO THE EUPATI OPEN CLASSROOM PLATFORM
Article 1 - Contact dataThe European Patients’ Academy on Therapeutic Innovation (EUPATI)
3584BK Utrecht (Netherlands)
Dutch Chamber of Commerce: 80089019
Article 2 - DefinitionsThe concepts, hereafter marked with a capital letter, in these terms and conditions have the following meaning:
- Course: may concern a learning module, teaching and learning materials or training offered via the EUPATI Open Classroom.
- EUPATI: European Patients’ Academy on Therapeutic Innovation
- General Terms and Conditions: the general terms and conditions articles 1 up to 10 that relate to the use of the EUPATI Open Classroom.
- Platform: EUPATI Open Classroom.
- User: each natural person who registers on the Platform, looking for a Course AND having reached the correct age thereto, meaning being at least 16 years old.
Article 3 - PlatformEUPATI offers Courses and training in medicines research and development via the Platform and finding such a Course via this Platform is easy.
With the help of the data and preferences given by the User, the appropriate Courses are offered to and can be selected by him/her.
In addition, the Platform provides a forum on which Users can post messages (e.g. questions, links to relevant third-party information or comments in discussion).
Posting of any message needs to be in line with the rules of conduct of the Platform as explained in detail in Annex 1, which constitutes an integral part of these General Terms and Conditions.By registering as User and / or using the Platform, the User acknowledges explicitly to have read and accepted these General Terms and Conditions.
These General Terms and Conditions may
not contain any deletion and have priority over all others. They can always be
consulted on the Platform. Each derogation on the General Terms and Conditions must
be agreed upon in writing.
Article 4 - ObjectThe by EUPATI developed Platform makes the search for an ideal Course much simpler.
All Courses and their teaching and learning materials provided to Users via the EUPATI Platform are exclusively for educational purposes. All Courses have been created with the usual care of an educational establishment.
Article 5 - Account
The Account is an user
account made available to you via an user name and password.
The Account remains the property of EUPATI. You only hold a right of access to the Platform, through an Account provided to you.
To create an Account, you must enter the following information:
- First name and Surname;
- Country and
- E-mail address.
The Account and your personal details are managed solely via the Platform.
The Account name (or login) and password allow you to access the Platform. The email address allows us to communicate with you to manage and monitor your Account, and to send you information relating to the Platform.
The Account must respect the following rules as a minimum:
- Personal details must be accurate, verifiable, complete and up to date. A valid personal email address must be provided.
- You agree not to use intermediary servers (also called proxies), whether for Account registration or connecting to the Account.
- Automatic Account creation and/or Account creation using a false or fraudulent identity is strictly prohibited.
After registration of your Account, you will be able to provide further information to complete your profile and to enhance the user experience of the Platform, such as but not limited to::
- Courses or learning plans;
- Grades or certificates;
- Preferred language or setting;
- Mailing address;
- Mobile or landline telephone number.
If any of your information changes, such as your mailing address or e-mail address, you must notify EUPATI as soon as possible.
Article 6 - Intellectual property rights - Right of useAll intellectual property rights that belong to the Platform (as well as possible adjustments and / or extensions) are held by and remain with EUPATI. The Platform is property of EUPATI.
a non-exclusive right to the User to use the Platform in agreement with the
General Terms and Conditions.
For the User, this right of use begins at the moment that the User registers and / or commissions the Platform.
If the User violates these General Terms and Conditions or its annexes and / or erroneously uses and / or misuses the Platform, EUPATI reserves the right to immediately deny the access or the use of the Platform by the User and / or to block him / her or to delete him / her, without a prior notice being necessary.EUPATI may, at its own discretion, introduce innovations to the Platform. EUPATI will inform the User in a timely manner of the processing of the updates and/ or upgrades insofar as these are important for the use of the Platform. This is always at the discretion of EUPATI.
Article 7 - Availability Platform
EUPATI can, without prior notice, disable access to the Platform or limit its use, insofar as this is necessary for maintenance or adjustments or improvements to the Platform or for any other reason, without this causing any right on compensation for the User towards EUPATI.
Article 8 - Liability
itself to a best-efforts obligation and does not guarantee any result with
regard to effectively finding a Course.
Article 9 - Applicable law and competent courtThis agreement between the parties is governed by the Dutch law. In the event of dispute and / or non-payment, only the courts of the juridical district of Utrecht have jurisdiction.
EUPATI is part of these General Terms and Conditions.
RULES OF CONDUCT OF THE FORUMS
These forums on the
Platform have been created to be a friendly environment for the EUPATI
community to share their experiences, ask questions, get help, share feedback
Therefore it is important to share with you guidelines for the overall wellness of the forums. We have first compiled a few basic point to follow, to help you on your posting journey in our forums, which are then followed by the Forums Rules of Conduct.
To promote an enjoyable
and healthy atmosphere, you must understand what sort of behavior is expected
from all of our Users. Therefore we ask that you familiarize yourself with our
Forums Rules of Conduct.
- Always use the search function in order to make sure that a similar thread was not created previously, or that the information you are looking for wasn't already provided somewhere else.
- Make sure to stay informed about any specific posting rules which are applied to sub-forums.
- Make sure to use the right section of the forums.
- If you have lost posting privileges or have been sanctioned, do not use another account to post, as using a secondary account is subject to permanent ban from the forums.
When posting, you should always:
- Take good care of your spelling.
- Develop your answers, and do not behave as in a chat or text messaging and using too many abbreviations.
- Be respectful and polite.
- Post in English, or always provide an English translation, should you post in another language.
Forums Rules of Conduct
Language & Content
You may not use, or link
to content that uses, profanity or any language that a reasonable person would
find offensive, obscene or otherwise improper. You agree to behave accordingly.
The following are some specific examples of offensive language and content
- Flaming: You may not engage in “Flaming,” which includes messages designed to personally berate or insult another.
- Attacks: You may not engage in verbal or written attacks against anyone, including other Users or EUPATI staff. If you want to report another User or EUPATI staff please do so via using the following email: firstname.lastname@example.org, but do not use the forums to do so.
- Hate Groups, Hate Speech, and Political & Religious Discussions: You may not use hate speech or use the forums to participate in or form organizations, whether or not officially organized, whose ideology is based on or resembles anti-religious, anti-ethnic, anti-sexual orientation, racist, or sexist philosophies. Further, in order to maintain a fun, positive environment, you may not create posts in the forums dedicated to real-world politics or religion.
- Illegal content & Pornographic Content: You may not post or promote any illegal or pornographic content within these forums.
- Copyright-infringing material: Do not post any material which is copyright protected.
and Website Polls: Petitions threads are not to be confused with suggestions
threads, which are allowed to be posted on their own. A thread is considered as
a Petition/Poll thread when asking other Users to either agree or virtually
sign a proposed Petition/Poll. You may post a Petition/Poll thread in its
respective forum knowing that the thread content is subject to the current
Forums Rules of Conduct, it will therefore be reviewed by an EUPATI staff
member. Website Polls are a website function reserved to EUPATI staff members
and are displayed on the main website page, Website Polls can be suggested or
requested to an EUPATI staff member via email@example.com.
You may not in any way disrupt or interfere, or attempt to disrupt or interfere, with the forums environment of other Users or EUPATI staff. The following are some specific examples of disruption:
- Trolling: You may not engage in “Trolling,” which is deliberately posting negative comments in order to “Bait” others into responding a certain way. Please note that publicly accusing someone else of being a troll may constitute a form of trolling itself. In addition, do not re-post or take upon any action to publicly bring up a previously locked, closed, deleted or otherwise rule breaking moderated discussion.
- Rant: While we welcome feedback, we prohibit excessively negative comments, comments which are not done in a constructive, civil manner, and comments which are designed to demoralize the spirit of the Platform.
- Abuse: You may not engage in the following forms of abuse: Belittling, harassing, intentionally misleading others, etc.
- Off-topic/Multiple Topics/Cross-Posting: You may not post messages unrelated to the topic at hand, known as “de-railing.” In addition, you may not post threads directed to only a single recipient.
- Bumping/reviving/necro posting: You may not post messages in an old topic merely for the sake of re-positioning it to the top of the forum index or other feed, sometimes known as “bumping” or “reviving/necro posting,” in order to gain normally unwarranted attention.
- Spamming: You may not use (or abuse) the forums to harass other Users by engaging in spamming or “flooding.” This includes multiple posting of the same word, message, character, or other, in attempts to bring unwarranted visibility to your cause or for general annoyance of others. This may also take the form of gibberish or unrelated messaging. In addition, you may not engage in unnecessary pyramid quoting. Messages containing a quote within a quote within a quote can quickly fill pages with unnecessary redundancy as with spam. Usually one-to-two quotes are enough and any further should require trimming before being sent as final.
- Sharing Account Information & Personal Identifiable Information: For your protection, do not share your account or login information on these forums. You may not share any personnel information of other Users or EUPATI staff or discuss any moderation, private communications with EUPATI staff or account sanctions publicly on the forums, the mail address firstname.lastname@example.org shall be the communication tool for that purpose with the appropriate EUPATI staff member.
- Impersonation: You may not impersonate any person or entity or fraudulently hold yourself out as an employee, representative, or any other person or connected or affiliated with EUPATI. This also include accusation of impersonation.
- Advertising: You may not promote nor advertise any third-party services or products, whether or not for commercial purposes or gains, without explicit permission from EUPATI.
You can report a post or a thread that you may have found breaking these Forum Rules of Conduct by simply clicking the "Report" button available on each thread or reply. This feature is there to simplify the work of the moderators and should not be abused especially if the thread or post actually does complies with the rules. Reporting abuse can be punished with a warning.
Please do not reply to
people who do not respect the rules of the forum so that you do not contribute
to a rule breaking thread or post. Similarly, you are asked to not do
pseudo-moderation. In case of rule breaking, you are asked to report the thread
or post, and if necessary to contact a moderator to alert them of the issue.
Trying to reason with the offender could indeed only encourage further rule
Here are some rules and guidance to help you properly report posts or threads:
- Report a thread or post by adding the link of the original duplicated thread.
- Report a multiple offence by adding the links of the same offense made by a fellow Users.
- Report a thread and ask for it to be closed.
- Report to warn us of one or more dead links in single threads.
Please do not:
- Report an EUPATI employee, please use the following email: email@example.com instead.
- Report all topics or posts made by a spammer. Indeed, it will only be necessary to say that this person is spamming by giving us a few links in the report so that we can look at all the posts or threads created by that person.
- Report a thread or post just because it contradicts you on a subject.
- Report to ask us our opinion on a subject.
- Report to alert us of a misspell that we may have done when working on the forums.
- Report in the sole purpose of wanting to get noticed by the moderation team.
- Report and notify the reported that he has been reported.
Anyone who does not respect or follow the Forums Rules of Conduct may be subject to sanctions up to permanent ban from the forums.
ON THE EUPATI OPEN CLASSROOM PLATFORM
Read this policy carefully as it contains your rights and obligations towards the European Patients’ Academy on Therapeutic Innovation (hereafter: EUPATI).
regularly be revised or updated, and we advise you to check these
1 - General
personal data are processed in the use of the Platform. The processing takes
place under the responsibility of EUPATI with registered office at Daltonlaan
600, 3584BK Utrecht, Netherlands and registered in the Dutch Chamber of
Commerce under number 80089019.
1.2. EUPATI aims to comply with the
European Regulation 2016/679 of 27 April 2016 concerning the protection of
websites in the framework of the ePrivacy Directive 2002/58, as amended from
time to time.
1.3. To be able to make use of the Platform and/or to provide personal data to EUPATI, you need at least to have reached the correct age to be able to make us of the Platform. You confirm explicitly to have reached the correct age and to be at least 16 years old. EUPATI cannot be held liable for the consequences of the people who have not reached the correct age, although they claimed the contrary. EUPATI reserves the right, in case of discovery, to remove the personal data of these people and to deny them the use of the Platform.
2 - Personal data you provide to us2.1. At registration on the Platform:
- First name and surname;
- E-mail address;
2.2. while visiting the Platform:
- user name, password, e-mail address, login-data;
- via cookies: see article 9.
2.3. when registering for one of our
- E-mail address.
as User of the Platform:
- Courses or learning plans;
- Grades or certificates;
- Preferred language;
- Mailing address;
- Mobile or landline number;
- Notes, posts (including third-party links) or comments on the forum of the Platform;
Do not forget to inform EUPATI about a modification of your personal data if this information is relevant to EUPATI. This modification can be transmitted via the contact data mentioned in clause 11.
3 - Personal data we collect indirectly3.1. Public data:
EUPATI sometimes processes public data,
e.g. data subject to a publication obligation, or data that you yourself have
made public, such as information on your social media profiles, website, or
data that are generally known or accessible.
4 - Objectives of the processing4.1. General objectives:
EUPATI will use the collected personal data exclusively for the following purposes:
- user name, first name, surname, password, e-mail address, city, country, picture, interests, institution, Courses or learning plans, grades or certificates, language, mailing address, mobile or landline number, Notes, posts (including third-party links) or comments on the forum of the Platform (see article 2.1 and article 2.4) when registering via the Platform and using the Platform: for the purpose of managing your account on this Platform, to be able to provide you with the requested information or services and to meet the legal prescriptions, with as legal base the execution of an agreement that you requested;
- IP-address (see article 2.2.): for the care and the improvement of the Platform and the inclusion of personal data in anonymous statistics from which tracing the identity of specific people or companies is impossible, with as legal base the legitimate interests of EUPATI to continuously improve its Platform and services;
- e-mail address (when registering for the newsletter) (see article 2.3) with a view to sending you direct marketing (automatic e-mail messages or other electronic messages), newsletters, or information on planned activities (such as lectures, seminars, new courses, etc.), with as legal basis your prior explicit consent;
4.2. Transfer to third parties:
EUPATI will never pass on your personal data to third parties:
- With the exception of the related organisations of EUPATI, in this case Sustaining Partners who would be interested in engaging and/or working with a learner from the Platform;
- with the exception of technical service providers who deliver technical support as far as necessary for the technical services and/or when they are obliged, on the basis of a legal stipulation or a judicial sentence.
EUPATI will reasonably try to inform you beforehand of the fact that EUPATI discloses your data to the mentioned third-party, but you also acknowledge that this is not under all circumstances technically or commercially feasible.
EUPATI will not sell nor rent, distribute or otherwise make your personal data commercially available to third parties, except as described above or unless with your prior consent.
4.3. Legal requirements:
In rare cases, it is possible that EUPATI must disclose your personal data due to a court order or to respond to other obliging legal regulations. EUPATI will reasonably try to inform you previously, unless it is subject to any legal limitation.
5 - Duration of the processingThe personal data are kept by us and processed for a period that is necessary in function of the objectives of the processing such as described in article 4 of the contractual relation between EUPATI and you:
- user name, first name, surname, password, e-mail address, city, country, picture, interests, institution, Courses or learning plans, grades or certificates, language, mailing address, mobile or landline number, Notes, posts (including third-party links) or comments on the forum of the Platform (clause 2.1 and 2.4): for the duration of the requested provision of services and according to the applicable legislation;
- IP-address (see article 2.2.): for the duration of your visit to the Platform;
- E-mail address (when registering for the newsletter): for the duration of the requested delivery of the services;
The mentioned personal data are in any case recorded according to the specific legal requirements and limitation periods that oblige us to keep your personal data for a longer time, e...g. to defend ourselves against legal claims.
6 - Your rights6.1. Right of access and inspection:
Via the Platform you dispose of the possibility to get at any time and for free information about your personal data and the use that EUPATI makes of them.
6.2. Right of correction, elimination and
You are free to communicate or not your personal data to EUPATI, except for a number of mandatory legal data in case of registration and use of the Platform. Besides, you always have the possibility to correct, complete or eliminate your personal data. You acknowledge that, if you do not fill in some data, or eliminate them later, some services and products may be not (no longer) available. You may also request to limit the processing of your personal data.
You also have a right to object to the
processing of your personal data for serious and legitimate reasons.
In addition, you are always entitled to oppose to the use of personal data for direct marketing purposes; in such case, you do not have to give any reason.
6.4. Right of free data transfer
You have the right to obtain your personal data processed by us in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable form and/or transfer these to other controllers.
6.5. Right of withdrawal of consent:
In as far as the processing is based on your prior consent, you dispose of the right to withdraw this consent.
6.6. Exercise of your rights:
See articles 9.4 and 11 on the procedure and who to contact to exercise your rights.
6.7. Automatic decisions and
The processing of your personal data does not include profiling, and neither will you be subject to automatized decisions.
6.8. Right to file a complaint.
You dispose of the right to file a complaint with a controlling authority. For the Netherlands this is:
Data Protection Authority / Autoriteit
2594 AV Den Haag
Data Protection Authority / Autoriteit Persoonsgegevens
2509 AJ Den Haag
This leaves intact the possibility of seeking relief before a civil court.
If you suffer damage as a consequence of the processing of your personal data, you can file a claim for compensation.
7 - Security and confidentiality7.1. We have developed security measures fitted on technical and organisational level to avoid the destruction, loss, falsification, modification, unauthorized access or communication by accident to third parties of collected personal data, and any other unauthorized processing of these data.
7.2. Under no circumstances, EUPATI can be held liable for any direct or indirect damage derived from an incorrect or unlawful use of the personal data by a third-party. EUPATI has ensured that, when it calls on third parties for the processing of personal data, these third parties will be bound by the same rules.
7.3. You must at all times comply with the security rules, amongst others by preventing any unauthorized access to your login and code. You are therefore the only responsible for the use made from the Platform of your computer, IP-address and of your identification data, as well as for the confidentiality thereof.
8 - Access by third parties8.1. To be able to process your personal data, we give access to your personal data to our employees or agents.
9 - Cookies9.1. What are cookies?
A “cookie” is a small file sent by the server of EUPATI and placed on the hard disk of your computer / smart phone. The information registered on these cookies can only be read by us and only during the duration of the visit to the Platform (hosted by Moodle Workplace).
9.3. The Platform only uses the following
Authentication cookies: ‘Remember me’ Identification of the user when he/she is logged in.
For cookies placed by third parties (e.g. Google Analytics) we wish to refer to the declarations of these parties on their respective websites. Please note we do not have any influence on the contents of these declarations, neither on the contents of the cookies of these third parties: Google Analytics cookies.
9.4. Your consent:
STICHTING EUPATI FOUNDATION
More information about cookies can also be found on: http://www.allaboutcookies.org/ .
More information concerning on-line behavioural advertising and on-line privacy can be found here: http://www.youronlinechoices.eu/ .
11 – Contact usDo you have questions as a company or private person concerning how EUPATI deals with your data, do not hesitate to contact us by post to the address:
The European Patients’ Academy on Therapeutic Innovation (EUPATI)
STICHTING EUPATI FOUNDATION
Or via e-mail on firstname.lastname@example.org
As we keep or process your personal data, you do have certain rights (see Article 6). If you want to make use of these rights, send us a registered letter to the above-mentioned address. In order to protect your privacy, we hereby ask to add a copy of the front side of your ID-card.